My husband lost 60 pounds by switching to a low carb diet. This is one of the recipes my hubby loves and my mother-in-law taught me to make.
I have tried to make it just like her, with the exact same ingredients but it never tastes just like hers. So instead of going crazy over that discrepancy, I’ve just decided to modify it… on purpose.
Low Carb Hamburger Pizza (my version)
Here’s what you need:
1-2 lbs. ground beef
1 small Vidalia onion, chopped
1 t. onion powder
1 T. Italian seasoning
4 T. Pizza sauce
2 c. Italian blend shredded cheese
Here’s what you do:
1. Brown onions and beef, drain. Mixin the seasonings. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spread two tablespoons of sauce on the bottom of a pie plate. (If you have enough meat, prepare two pie plates, thus need for four tablespoons sauce.)
3. Top with beef mix, shredded cheese and pepperoni to suit your taste.
4. Bake 20-25 minutes until browned on top. My hubby likes it well done so I sometimes cook for 35 minutes.
5. Cool five minutes then serve. I usually pair it with a salad or roasted carrots and broccoli.
If you want to make several and freeze, cover with aluminum foil and wrap with one full layer aluminum foil after step 3. Freezes for up to two months pretty well. I don’t always defrost before cooking; in which case I cook at 375 for 45 minutes.
Easy, low carb dinner. If you are watching your fats, use lean beef, 2% cheese and turkey pepperoni.